What We Collect
Insignia Medical Systems collects personal and anonymous information from you. Personal Information is data that can be used to identify or describe an individual. Insignia Medical Systems collects personal information when you:
- Register for an account with an online service offered by Insignia Medical Systems (such as the Insignia Medical Systems Incident Reporting System.)
- Subsequently make use of that service, e.g. to:
- Log an incident or service request
- Submit questions or comments
- Request information or materials,
- Request warranty or post-warranty service and support for an Insignia Medical Systems product,
- Participate in online surveys,
- Register to become a subscriber to an Insignia Medical Systems Service,
- Request we send information to your colleagues or customers, or
- Sign up for marketing emails such as a blog digest or to download a white paper.
- Contact us in any other way, e.g. using email
The type of information collected may include:
- Phone number,
- Business contact information,
- Delivery information,
- E-mail address,
- Demographic information.
Insignia Medical Systems uses the personal information you provide to:
- Register you in programs or for events,
- Create and maintain accounts,
- Respond to your incident or service request,
- Answer your e-mail,
- Send information you request,
- Communicate with regard to your account or system status, send surveys, and register products,
- Send information to colleagues on your behalf, or
- Send marketing materials.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalise communications.
What we process on behalf of our Healthcare Customers
Personal information that we process in order to provide services to our healthcare professional customers and their patients. This section explains our policy with regard to the personal information we receive from our customers as a data processor.
Insignia Medical Systems will collect and process patient personal information only as instructed by our customers. We will not use or disclose patient information for our own purposes. Insignia Medical Systems will at all times maintain reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect patient information.
Insignia Medical Systems will disclose patient information to our customers and to other entities (including other healthcare professionals) when instructed by our customers. We may disclose patient information to our affiliates and approved data processors as needed to provide the services that our customers have requested. These entities are all contractually bound to limit use of your personal information as needed to perform the services. We may also disclose patient information when required by law.
Your personal information is always processed in accordance with applicable law. Insignia Medical Systems will always protect the privacy and security of patient information.
What are "cookies" and anonymous identifiers?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. Insignia Medical Systems cookies do not contain any personal information and are used to:
- Keep track of the materials you upload and download,
- Remember you when you login to the places on our site which require membership,
- Remember your country and language preferences,
- Help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns; to manage and present site information,
- Deliver information specific to your interests, and
- Manage site information displayed on your computer.
An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available. Anonymous identifiers on Insignia Medical Systems web properties collect non-personally identifying information such as demographic data.
Do I have to have a cookie set to use this site?
Insignia Medical Systems can be accessed with cookies disabled; however, your visit will be significantly enhanced if cookies are enabled. Some parts of the site will require cookies to be enabled.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Please click on the "Help" menu of your browser for information on setting cookie preferences.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to or emailing us.
Please contact us on 01256 247010 if you have any questions. Your privacy and our professional standards are very important to us.